Stopping the pipeline on first failure

Thank you for answer.

I am already created topics with feature requests. Actually I need argument like agents to wait steps.

I will try to clean up the issue here.

I have pipelineA.
I have build step which can perform on 3 agents in parallel. Everything is good with build step.
Then I have many deploy steps (in the pipelineA) which work on separate machines and which use branch filtering. There are cases where the same build is deployed on several machines. Say I have machineA1 and machineA2 to deploy branch branchA.
This deploy machines have buildkite-agents: agent machineA1-1 deploys to machineA1 and agent machineA2-1 deploys to machine A2.

Of course deploy steps should go in sequence (not in parallel) on some machine: download artifacts, unzip them, copy, restart application. And of cource next step must not work if previous step failed. So I used wait.

But deploys on machineA1 and on machineA2 should go in parallel cause they are independent.

But “wait steps” on machineA1 waits for steps on machineA2 without any sense for my workflow.

I could use triggers and many deploy pipelines, but it will lose my structure where one parrent build pipeline contains child deploy pipelines inside.