Automatically cancel old blocked builds

Hi,

Is it possible to automatically cancel the old builds that are waiting on the blocked step to avoid people accidentally unblocking old blocked builds? A use case could be someone unblocked an old blocked build that deploys an old version of the service to the production environment.

I know there is a “Skipping Builds” feature where we can cancel running intermediate builds but I want to cancel the build only during the cases when a newer execution of the pipeline is ahead of the older executions. This can happen when there are “block” steps in the pipeline.

1 Like

Hi :wave:!

This functionality doesn’t exist at the moment. As a workaround, you can do this sort of check in the step following the block. Such as checking git if there are newer commits or querying some external versioning controller.

Cheers,
Jarryd

Thanks. I thought about this workaround. But I was wondering if I’ll get something for free via some setting or configuration :smile:

Thanks for your help.

Is there any update on this feature?

Hi @mdmathewdc :wave:t3:,

There is still currently no dates on when this feature is going to be shipped. The workaround suggested earlier is still the best way to address this issue as of the moment.

Cheers,
Lizette

Hi,

Is there any update on this topic?

Hey @Juhui!

Unfortunately, there are not updates on this either :-/