Am I correct that the Elastic CI Stack for AWS does not support multiple instance sizes (queues)? Here’s what I’m trying to solve now:
- One Buildkite organization
- One AWS organization for CI stack
- Many pipelines & jobs with different needs
- Some jobs do require bare-metal instances (e.g. Android simulator & KVM), but these are expensive, and it requires more aggressive down-scaling to keep costs low
- Some jobs do require less powerful instances
- Some jobs are beefy and do require a way more power
default- queue for most of the jobs
metal- queue with bare-metal instances
beefy- queue with way more powerful instances
I wrote queue, but it can be an agent label or anything like this.
How would you achieve this with your Elastic CI Stack for AWS?