View-only User Role

Hey all,

I wanted to confirm whether or not there is an option to add users at a role where they can view pipelines, but not create, manage, or delete them. Based on the User creation page, it seems there are two options, User and Admin, where User still has the ability to create and modify pipelines.

If this type of role does not exist currently, could it potentially be created? Would love to hear if this is feasible or if there are any concerns your team has in this regard.

Thanks!

Chris

Hey Chris, sorry for the late reply to your message!

Yeah - that role exists right now (kinda). You can use Teams to only allow “read only” access to some pipelines for a user, but we don’t have a facility to allow you to “turn off” pipeline creation - something we’re working on though.

Here’s some more docs on Teams: https://buildkite.com/docs/pipelines/permissions

We’ve rolled out some features behind a feature flag allowing organisations to control whether or not users can create pipelines in teams, happy to enable this for you @ckuffert! (It should solve your “view only” type user role requirement!)

Can you enable this for my team too, Keith - paul@hammant.org

All done @paul_h! Check your organization settings for more options :rocket:

Hi. I am jumping into this old thread.
May I have the Read-Only account enabled for us?
miwama@thirdwave.ai

Hi @masa

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, this feature is only available to Enterprise customers. If you’re interested in learning more about the Enterprise plan you can contact us at support@buildkite.com :slight_smile: