Always puts jobs on waiting

Hi Team,

I have faced a problem with my agent this morning.

There is a connected agent, but somehow Buildkite always puts my jobs on the waiting queue.

I have stopped the agent and recreated a new one but the issue still happening again.

Could you please tell me how I can resolve it?

Thanks.

Hey Son Propte :wave:

Welcome to Buildkite community!

Job waiting to get pickup by an agent generally means agent is either busy or currently not available to run your job

Agent is busy running other jobs - Multiple pipelines can use same agent and they may have webhooks setup which could trigger builds as soon as you push code, so jobs can be picked up only after running job is finished .We can verify this by looking at the pipelines list attached to the agent. In your setup I could see few pipelines share same agent so it is good to go through the logs and see what was happening during the time period of waiting

Agent logs: You could also look at agent logs if there is any issues during the waiting times if agent was not running any active jobs.

If you could share any specific build where you experienced major delays will be helpful to investigate further.

Cheers,
Priya

Hi @Priya , this is my build

I have just triggered the job again. A new agent is created but not sure why the job is still in the waiting queue

Hey Son.propte,

Thanks for sharing the build link.

We could see in your pipeline settings, agent targeting rules are applied as queue=default which is not available in your cluster. Could you change it to queue=AWS_AGENT_052024 and give it a go!

Let us know if you find any issues.

Cheers,
Priya

Hi @Priya ,

The job queue is targeting into AWS_AGENT_052024 already.
On the other hand, AWS_AGENT_052024 queue is set as the default queue.

But I think I found the reason, the Free Plan for this month is ended. Could you please confirm if it’s correct.

Thanks.

Hey Son.propte,

Yes, seems like the plan is ended already which will be impacting your job minutes.

Cheers,
Priya

Hi @Priya, Thanks for helping me find out the reason