Annotate Pipeline Dashboard

I would like to use the pipeline dashboard page buildkite.com/:org/:pipeline to display more information about the state of the pipeline.

I think it would be great if I could use the buildkite-agent annotate command to do this. Something along the lines of:

buildkite-agent annotate --target=pipeline-dashboard ...

But instead of annotating the current build, it could replace/append to the pipeline dashboard annotations

Instead you could use the argument as a key to replace existing annotations:

buildkite-agent annotate --key=coverage "Coverage: 99%"
buildkite-agent annotate --key=coverage "Coverage: 98%"
buildkite-agent annotate --key=tests "Tests: 9000"

Result:

Coverage: 98%

Tests: 9000

1 Like

Instead you could use the argument as a key to replace existing annotations

Ooooh I would love a --key flag, but I think I’d like it on both the main dashboard and on individual pipelines.

buildkite-agent annotate --target=pipeline --key=coverage "Coverage: 99%"
buildkite-agent annotate --target=dashboard --key=coverage "Coverage: 99%"
1 Like

Yeah this would be great, it feels like trends are another piece of this that would be helpful. So, not just the latest coverage but the last N values as well. A similar chart to the “health” chart on the main pipeline page could work.

1 Like

:wave: Are there any updates on this? I have a feature request that might be similar, which would be a way to annotate a specific build on the /:org/:pipeline page. I believe what’s being discussed above would add information to the entire pipeline, but not on a per-build basis.

For a specific example: I’m looking for a way, on that overview page, to see the image tag of a docker image created in a specific build. Currently, we have to open each build and look at the individual annotations. If we had a way to add a pill, tag, or annotation which can be seen from the overview page, we could do a lot less manual searching to associate an image with its build.

Also happy to open a new discussion if that would be better!

Attached a screenshot of the gist of what I’m looking for here:

1 Like