Browser notifications when pipeline completes 🔔

Bitbucket pipelines have this really nice feature where they’ll push a notification to the browser when a pipeline completes. It’d be sweet if Buildkite had something similar.

Screenshots

Here’s basically what it looks like with the pipelines.

Settings on Chrome

Notifications

Hey @SalPersona

Thanks for reaching out!

We appreciate your feedback!

Cheers!

1 Like

Hello @SalPersona , I am from the product team at Buildkite. I can definitely see how this would be useful. I wondering if you use this additionally to slack notifications? Just wondering if it’d be too many notifications if you have slack and this turned on.

Hey @Ozdenyilmaz!

I wondering if you use this additionally to slack notifications?

No, I don’t currently use a Slack integration to let me know when my Buildkite build is broken.

Just wondering if it’d be too many notifications if you have slack and this turned on.

Because browser notifications are always opt-in, I don’t think this would be a problem.

I see that makes sense @SalPersona ! I am going to add this to our backlog of ideas. To be honest with you I don’t think we will get there this year because our focus this year is giving you more visibility on the inner workings of your pipeline. Giving you a dag view, giving metrics in terms of your steps like agent cpu/memory usage, their speed over time and what slowed it down etc. But that does not mean it will be forgotten. Hope this helps and thanks for explaining how you’d use it to me.

1 Like