"My Builds" drop down is sort of worthless

I find myself managing a teams worth of pipelines for various repos (around 25 pipelines and growing). Often in the development process, other developers will kick off builds as part of the process. Clicking on My Builds will show me the current builds that I have kicked off but isn’t useful very often because what I really want to know is “What builds are currently running/queue across eveything”.

E.g. Can I stop this agent without screwing things up? Or is there a build hung? Or how backed up are we with builds?

I wish there was a slight UX adjustment that turned that drop down into a toggle (My Builds, All Builds). Fairly sure the API returns this data. Why isn’t it easily accessible in the UI?

TL;DR - My Builds is almost never right, let me see all my orgs builds.

@nsatos thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I can see that if you’re managing lots of pipelines “My Builds” isn’t probably what you’re after. Having said that, it is super useful for folks that are just pushing builds for their own work.

We’ve got a few things that I think will help you though. We’ve got an “All Builds” page behind a feature flag that we can toggle on for your organization (send us an email hello@buildkite.com and I’ll get that flipped for you).

For your other “can I stop this agent without screwing things up” - does this help?

@keithpitt Thank you for the reply. Ah yes - I can see how that could be useful for the “view my own work” use-case. Wondering if both options would be available in the dropdown and Buildkite remembers the last one you chose?

I’ll reach out via email to see about having the “All Builds” flag enabled for us.