I’m writing because there’s no in-depth information on the meta data that we set using the
buildkite-agent meta-data command. From the agent source code, I think this is sent to BK server, however, questions remain:
- Do we have a limitation on how many items we can set?
- Is there a limitation on the length of the key/value?
- Is there a way to delete existing meta data items?
- Who have access to that meta data? Can we store secrets in there?
- If we can store secrets in meta data, can we make it private to the current pipeline and the sub-pipelines triggered by the current pipeline?