Personalized Timezones

I work with a distributed team. I’d like to be able to personalize the timezone so I can see the displayed build time based on either my local time or UTC. I’d also like to have an option of seeing 24 hour time format.

This makes it easier for me to verify when builds and deploys are finished, as they impact production performance.

+1 – distributed team here too (11h timezone span), and all of our other tooling (metrics, logs, etc.) are in UTC (or at least I’ve wrestled them into UTC). I definitely need to be able to wrestle Buildkite into displaying UTC in the UI as well. Even on a non-distributed team, people will be running their hosts in UTC (I hope) and being able to correlate deploy times with clock times on hosts is important.

This is compounded by not displaying timezones on times either. In particular, when faced with something like this:

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 1.53.58 PM

it’s hard to find out what “10:19 AM” is, and doubly confusing if I’m screen-sharing with someone in a different TZ.

Thanks for posting!

This seems really useful and something we could do a better job of! I have taken this feedback and shared it internally with the team.