Dark Mode for the User Interface

This is more of a quality of life request, but I would love to see a dark mode version of the User Interface.

Virtually all the Development tools we use support dark mode, and our eyes would sure appreciate the break from all that searing white.

I just tried this DarkReader extension in Firefox it looks like it does a very good job for that.

1 Like

I think this becomes higher priority after github release dark schema. It is like a flash right to my face, every time I click a build link.

Please, add it. Shouldn’t be super hard to do.

3 Likes

I feel the same as Alex. Very Jarring to go from Github Darkmode to Buildkite’s blinding white background, even with night mode enabled.

I love buildkite and everything about it. Rarely have to go to the UI (which is a great thing btw), but when I do it hurts the eyes.

Seems like it’s one of the few dev tools I use that’s the last holdout on darkmode. I’m sure there are good reasons for it, but I look forward to when this gets released. :-)

Not to add pressure, but AWS Console also has a dark mode now. This would be a great addition for UX.

Hey!

We definitely agree with you and feel your pain here and it’s something we hear about quite a bit and the Design team is planning on a solution. While there isn’t anything official as of right now, there are community-created themes like: GitHub - one-dark/buildkite-dark-theme: Relieve the stress on your eyes when using Buildkite with this custom dark theme!
I’ll add you +1 on this feature.

Best!

1 Like