GIT LFS breaking pipeline

Hi hoping someone can help with this, fairly new to BuildKite.

Currently we have a pipeline that is giving the following error:
“\nThis repository is configured for Git LFS but ‘git-lfs’ was not found on your path. If you no longer wish to use Git LFS, remove this hook by deleting .git/hooks/post-checkout.\n”

I have tried to install via the bootstrap.sh.

We are using this template for our setup: https://s3.amazonaws.com/buildkite-aws-stack/v5.6.1/aws-stack.yml

Just wondering if anyone can assist, maybe point me in a direction.

Hey @gerhardussteffy!

Welcome to the community! :wave:
While it’s true that git-lfs was added in Install Git LFS by lox · Pull Request #468 · buildkite/elastic-ci-stack-for-aws · GitHub so it should be on your elastic stack version (v5.6.1), for git lfs to work you must add it to your bootstrap script

su buildkite-agent -l -c 'git lfs install'

(This command adds the necessary hooks to ~/.gitconfig.)

Otherwise, it was officially added in v5.7.0. Do you think you can try to upgrade your Elastic Stack version?

Best!

Hi Paula, thank you for the answer, it was actually previously on v5.7.0, I downgraded to make certain that was not causing an issue as a potential backtracking my steps.

I have also added the command to the bootstrap script, I did see. I saw lfs being initialised and there was still the issue.

We are not really certain why.

Hey there @gerhardussteffy!

Would you be able to send us a link to a build with this error to support@buildkite.com? It would make it easier to debug and find a solution.

Cheers,
Ben