Manually canceled builds - diff color in timeline chart?

chart

Clearer messaging to colleagues - this build was canceled - It didn’t fail or pass.

Hi @paul_h, this is a distinction we’ve been going back and forth on for a while. We’ve not yet found the right balance of a colour which makes sense, and is also accessible!

Thank you for your reply. Should I keep nudging here (re: we’ve been going back and forth on for a while) in case y’all are getting closer to picking a color?

Hello? Did y’all think about a color for cancelled?

Not just the color. It would also be great to not label cancelled builds as Failed at all. Cancelled should be its own dedicated status and not impact some of the metrics on the main pipelines page.

2 Likes

Agreed :+1: I always get a bit nervous seeing red pipelines only to see that the last build was cancelled.

We have long running builds (e.g up to 24 hours) on a limited set of physical machines and need to cancel them frequently to share resources.

Additionally, these colors should translate into error codes exported by some metric provider so we can do more sophisticated analysis than is provided by your default visualization. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a clean UI, but there are definitely times where it would be beneficial to do more.

We’d also appreciate this functionality, as seeing builds that are cancelled showing up as failed impacts a bit of reporting as well as just being a little confusing when a build is cancelled due to a new build triggered on that branch.