What's the new `ansi-timestamp` setting?

Hey there,

We use the Elastic Buildkite offering. My apologies if i’ve missed the answer in the docs – i searched the GitHub - buildkite/elastic-ci-stack-for-aws: An auto-scaling cluster of build agents running in your own AWS VPC code, this forum, and the issue tracker.

I have been getting warnings:

2023-10-09 00:17:23 WARN   The ansi-timestamps experiment has been promoted to a stable feature in agent version v3.48.0. You can safely remove the `--experiment ansi-timestamps` flag to silence this message and continue using the feature

This is because our AWS Cloudformation parameters include: BuildkiteAgentExperiments: "ansi-timestamps".

However, it’s not clear to me what the replacement option is. Or do i simply remove that experiment config, and ANSI timestamps are now the default?

Thank you,
Paul

Hey there @paul!

Welcome to the Buildkite community, it’s great to have you here!

There isn’t a replacement experiment for the ansi-timestamps one, it’s just now a default part of the Elastic Stack.

I suppose the format of the error could be set to INFO, rather than WARN, however it’s just letting you know that BuildkiteAgentExperiments: "ansi-timestamps" is effectively not doing anything.

Hope that helps!

Ben

Thanks for the confirmation!