How do I manually build a Pull Request?

I had misconfigured my github filters and a PR came in that did not get built. Now github is waiting for a build that doesn’t exist. I tried manually building the SHA for the PR but it failed in another weird way (it ignored the queue specification and tried to run a build on a test host).

Is there a way to repair the PR either by manually initiating a build in some way I’ve missed or do I have to have the requester create a trivial change and re-push?

See the “stuck” PR here → Issue #222: v1 platform layer by thirtytwobits · Pull Request #223 · OpenCyphal-Garage/libcyphal · GitHub

Sorry, I know this is a super old thread, and apologies we didn’t get to it sooner — but we wanted to check in and see if you figured this out?

You can run a manual build from the Buildkite dashboard using the New Build button, which it sounds like you’ve already tried:

By default this won’t be a “pull request” build because we won’t know that the branch is related to a pull request. But you can trick it into being a pull request build by providing an environment variable as well (click “Options” in the New Build modal):

BUILDKITE_PULL_REQUEST=223

If you still need to, or need to in future, give it a go?