How to update Bitbucket commit status

Hi,

I’ve setup a pipeline that is integrated with Bitbucket and followed instructions as per:
https://buildkite.com/docs/integrations/bitbucket

However, when I commit to the master branch in my repository, a build is triggered, but the git commit status is not updated. The instructions specifically mention “If you want your Bitbucket pull request’s build status icons to be updated” - does this mean commits directly to master (or any branch that doesn’t have PR) will not have any associated build statuses?

Thanks.

Sorry, I know this is a super old thread, and apologies we didn’t get to it sooner — but we wanted to check in and see if you figured this out?

We post a status directly onto the commit, so it should appear against that commit, whether that’s in a list of commits on a branch, or in a pull request.

If your pipeline has Bitbucket settings, you’ve configured it to set statuses, and you’ve connected Bitbucket in your user connected apps page, and it’s still not working, then please send us an ema]il with a build link so we can take a look and diagnose for you: support@buildkite.com